Saturday, August 15, 2009

My blogging time today is in a hotel room in Sudbury, Ontario, awaiting breakfast. I planned this trip to Science North and Discovery Earth back in June and picked a hotel that doesn’t have either early breakfast or pool entry, a big no no when on vacation with Liam. It therefore comes as no surprise that Liam is starting to get just a little antsy. He is pacing the room being really cute but he’s been up since 5:00am patiently waiting for food in his belly and a swim (technically he’s been up since 3:00am but I’m trying not to think about that). He coloured for a while, played on the computer, had some juice but is now just waiting, pacing and talking to himself. He likes to verbalize scenes from his movies, youtube videos he likes or tv shows and has every word memorized, expressing just the right tone for the particular scene. We still have about 45 minutes until we can go down for breakfast so I’m hoping both he and I can make it that long. My poor Jacob has been trying to sleep but Liam likes treehouse t.v. and needs some light to colour so Jacob hasn’t had much success in this endeavour.

I have to say that blogging right now is the best thing I could possibly do, a definite stress reliever. Normally, I would pick up my Bible and attempt to read and pray and I did attempt it a little while ago but it is very difficult to concentrate when I have a little Li Li doing his thing (he just came over to me and put his cheek up to my lips so I could kiss him). I have come to realize that my Lord and Saviour does not keep track the number of times I come to Him in prayer nor is He disappointed when I simply cannot. A few years back, I found myself getting anxious when I didn’t have actual sit down time with him and He made me realize that stress was the last thing He wanted for me, especially when it came to spending quiet time with Him. I think of Psalm 23 whereby it says He makes me lie down in green pastures. I have a God who wants me to have His rest and peace; He accepts my worship as it is and knows my heart.

Liam has just asked Jake to get up so I think I am going to get ready for breakfast. I have a wonderful sister who gave up her whole weekend to help me with Liam and this is yet another wonderful gift from God. Her presence will allow me to spend extra time with Jake at the places we attend today and tomorrow when Liam gets tired. Now, Liam is saying “where’s the beef” and “cheeseburger”. I hope he knows there will be no cheeseburgers for breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment